Is skiing or snowboarding your passion? Do you enjoy teaching, coaching, and enriching the lives of others? If so, becoming a Snowsports Instructor may just be the perfect position for you. Being a ski or snowboard instructor is a rewarding career that allows you to work outside while sharing your love for the slopes. We are currently seeking Non-certified, PSIA/AASI Level I, PSIA/AASI Level II, and PSIA/AASI Level III Snowsports Instructors.
Snowsports instructors teach others how to ski or snowboard, and need to perform the following:
- Work with a variety of clients. Some Snowsports Instructors will teach clients of all ages how to ski and snowboard, while others may focus on various age groups and skill levels. Determining which groups you teach depends on your experience, PSIA/AASI certification level, and your comfort level.
- Build progressive lesson plans and maintain a schedule. Snowsports Instructors work with clients to set expectations and achieve learning objectives based on lesson per the group size and skill level. The Instructors will break down the lesson into skiing/riding concepts and teaching methodology that fits the client(s). Snowsports Instructors will need to arrange classes and lessons at times that are convenient for the clients.
- Provide excellent customer service. Teaching clients how to ski requires patience and excellent communication skills. Snowsports Instructors will be working with a variety of personalities and need to make clients feel safe and comfortable, while delivering information in an understandable manner with respect to individual learning preferences.
Qualified candidates must have:
- Creditable experience in teaching and/or coaching in skiing, riding, or other related field.
- Comprehensive knowledge of fundamental skiing/riding concepts and teaching methodology.
- High school diploma, GED or vocational training or job-related course work.
- Current PSIA/AASI certification (for all positions other than Non-Certified Snowsports Instructor).
The positions offered range from seasonal, part-time to seasonal, full-time. All positions are located in Big Sky, MT. Yellowstone Club offers great benefits including free transportation from Bozeman to the Club upon hire, a complimentary meal each day, and ski days each month for employees to enjoy the mountain.