Yellowstone Club is paradise in Montana. A private residential community in Big Sky, Montana, Yellowstone Club offers its Members the world’s only private ski and golf community. With fabulous skiing and snowboarding and the most gorgeous spring and summer weather to enjoy the 18-hole golf course, rivers, hiking, biking, and more, our Members love being a part of this exceptional community. Our employees make the Yellowstone Club experience come alive. If you would love being a part of the Montana charm and providing the highest level of guest service, ensuring no detail is too small to overlook, and being a part of creating experiences, then Yellowstone Club is looking for you.
We are looking for an experienced Pastry Chef to prepare a variety of desserts, pastries or other sweet goods for the various outlets and events at Yellowstone Club. The Pastry Chef is tasked with baking high-quality treats matched by creativity to develop new amazing tastes and recipes. The Pastry Chef will lead the pastry team on their mission to exceed customers’ expectations related to food quality and dining experience.
The ideal candidate will be well-versed in culinary arts with a passion for sweet and delicious creations. They must adhere to health and safety standards to provide clients with the best possible serving.
The Pastry Chef position performs the following:
- Prepare a wide variety of goods such as cakes, wedding/specialty cakes, cookies, pies, bread etc. following traditional and modern recipes
- Create new and exciting desserts to renew our menus and engage the interest of members and guests
- Decorate pastries using different icings, toppings etc. to ensure the presentation will be beautiful and exciting
- Must be able to carry out and monitor the production of pastry items to specifications and ensure that the portion size and quality of the dishes conform to the highest standard
- Supervise and coordinate the preparation and production of all pastry items according to the highest standards and menu planning
- Full responsibility for the management and leadership of the bakery/pastry operation
- Monitor stocks for baking ingredients such as flour, sugar etc. and make appropriate orders within budget
- Select, train, schedule, supervise, motivate, and counsel employees according to policies and procedures
- Maintain a lean and orderly cooking station and adhere to health and safety standards
- Ensure kitchen and Health Department sanitation requirements are maintained at all times
- Possess attentive, accountable and highly organization skills with the ability to plan multiple activities and meet deadlines
- Exemplify excellent interpersonal and communication skills by possessing admirable telephone etiquette, customer service orientation and the ability to act proactively in all situations
- Exceed expectations through the ability to personify friendliness, engagement, and act graciously with the ability to focus and connect with all members, guests, employees, management, and vendors, at all levels
- Consistently demonstrate an upbeat, energetic, authentic and professional attitude at all times
- Promote teamwork and foster a harmonious working environment
- Provides planning and direction for the pastry team to fulfil requisitions and orders in a timely manner
- Act as an ambassador and protector of the brand; Keep the brand and the company culture prominent and consistent at all levels, in the back and front of the house areas
Qualified candidates must have:
- Bachelor degree; Certificate in culinary arts, pastry-making, baking or relevant field
- Proven experience as Pastry Chef, baker or relevant role
- Previous experience in all decorative medias such as sugar, chocolate and pastry
- 3+ years of staff management experience or equivalent
- Comprehensive knowledge of world class hospitality and service management
- Intermediate knowledge level of Microsoft Office systems
- Strong communication and correspondence skills with the ability to maintain sound working relationships and communications with management, staff, members, and vendors
- In depth knowledge of sanitation principles, food preparation and baking techniques and nutrition
- Current ServSafe Certification
- Working knowledge of baking with ingredient limitations (pastries that are gluten free, sugarless etc.)
- Possess good knife skills
- Valid State Driver’s License
- Ability to be present at work for assigned schedule including, nights, weekends, holidays and extended hours when required
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
The position offered is a full-time, year-round position located in Big Sky, MT. Yellowstone Club offers great benefits including medical, dental, and vision, a 401k program with company match, a free ski pass, free transportation from Bozeman to the Club upon hire, a complimentary meal each day, ski days each month for employees to enjoy the mountain, outdoor activities to enjoy in the summer months, and a casual dress code. Plus, you get to work at one of the most incredible places on earth. For more information about the Club, visit www.yellowstoneclub.com.