Yellowstone Club is paradise in Montana. A private residential community in Big Sky, Montana, Yellowstone Club offers its Members the world’s only private ski and golf community. With fabulous skiing and snowboarding and the most gorgeous spring and summer weather to enjoy the 18-hole golf course, rivers, hiking, biking, and more, our Members love being a part of this exceptional community. Our employees make the Yellowstone Club experience come alive. If you would love being a part of the Montana charm and providing the highest level of guest service, ensuring no detail is too small to overlook, and being a part of creating experiences, then Yellowstone Club is looking for you.
We are seeking a Director of Facilities. The Director of Facilities is responsible for providing general management and professional direction to a comprehensive Facilities, Building Maintenance and Fleet management departments which includes: maintenance and repair, maintenance services, engineering and minor construction services. The Director of Facilities prepares the Facilities, Building Maintenance and Fleet Maintenance department budgets and strategic planning process, including development and implementation of short and long-term goals and objectives.
The Director of Facilities is responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Utilize expertise and leadership skills to drive continuous improvement, best practice implementation, talent development, safety culture, and highest level of service for exceptional Member and guest experiences
- Oversee operations of the Facilities, Building Maintenance and Fleet departments including, employee relations, Member service, profitability, product quality, and compliance to Club standards
- Responsible for the Fleet of over 170 Club vehicles to include purchasing, maintenance rotations, accident repairs and insurance claims
- Develop, coordinate and implement Preventative Maintenance calendar per season/quarter/year to include all Member and guest public areas, lodges, restaurants and fleet operations; planning and execution should be coordinated to not interfere with the Member and guest experience
- Develop, coordinate and implement an effective Work Order process to ensure internal needs are met in a timely manner and with the least amount of disruption to the department
- Develop and monitor recurring operating and annual capital budget allocations to control expenditures in a fiscally responsible manner
- Oversees the hiring process and continual evaluation of Facilities, Building Maintenance, Fleet and Support personnel consistent with Yellowstone Club employment policies. Develop the team to support Yellowstone Club's six tenets of Montana Hospitality and apply the tenets in their everyday work with co-workers, vendors, Members and guests
- Initiates special projects as deemed appropriate; undertakes and completes special projects as assigned
- Ensure budget percentages are in line to revenue; monitor and critique payroll and other expenses in all areas of responsibility
- Maintain exceptional working relationships and open lines of communication with all other departments, vendors, employees, and Members
- Coordinate, supervise and direct all aspects of Facilities, Building Maintenance and Fleet management with the support of managers and supervisors
- Prepare the annual budget and achieve set goals throughout the year through proper forecasting, cost controls labor management and revenue generating programs
Qualified candidates must have:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Facilities Management, Building Construction, Engineering or related field
- 10+ years’ of experience in plant/facilities management
- Knowledge of OSHA, NFPA, ordinances and other federal and state requirements
- Knowledge of hotel and private Club operations, including security and safety programs, employee relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget forecasting, exceptional quality of service standards, and long-range planning
- Exceptional management skills with a proven track record in mentoring/leading a successful team
- Must be detail oriented, extremely organized, professionally polished, have an ability to work under pressure, be accountable and flexible
- Strong business acumen, strong experience in managing budgets, revenue proposals and forecasting results
The position offered is a full-time, year-round position located in Big Sky, MT. Yellowstone Club offers great benefits including medical, dental, vision, a 401k program with company match, a free ski pass, free transportation from Bozeman to the Club upon hire, a complimentary meal each day, ski days each month for employees to enjoy the mountain, and outdoor activities to enjoy in the summer months. Plus, you get to work at one of the most incredible places on earth. For more information about the Club, visit www.yellowstoneclub.com.