Yellowstone Club is paradise in Montana. A private residential community in Big Sky, Montana, Yellowstone Club offers its Members the world’s only private ski and golf community. With fabulous skiing and snowboarding and the most gorgeous spring and summer weather to enjoy the 18-hole golf course, rivers, hiking, biking, and more, our Members love being a part of this exceptional community. Our employees make the Yellowstone Club experience come alive. If you would love being a part of the Montana charm and providing the highest level of guest service, ensuring no detail is too small to overlook, and being a part of creating experiences, then Yellowstone Club is looking for you.
We are currently hiring for the position of Snowmaker for our Mountain Operations department for the 2017-2018 winter season. The Snowmaker position maintains snow guns, hoses, hydrant and pump when snowmaking is operational.
The Snowmaker position performs the following:
- Operate snowmaking equipment for creating manufactured snow from water resources
- Produce quality snow through the use of both air/water and fan equipment
- Constant relocation of guns and hoses to various areas around the mountain
- Adjusting, turning or moving of snow guns, sometimes by hand, to maintain snowmaking efficiency
- Adjusting the water and or air flow to snow guns
- Changing nozzles on snow guns when necessary to maintain efficiency
- Conduct regular maintenance checks on equipment, including checking water pipes, fluid levels and volume, temperature controls, energy consumption, and diesel fuel systems
- Document and report mechanical/safety issues, complete maintenance logs and checklists
- Perform light maintenance or repairs on equipment
- Shovel snow, remove snow around snowmaking equipment and other areas around the resort as needed
- Maintain all safety barriers, padding and guards around snowmaking equipment.
- Work safely in close proximity to heavy equipment, high voltage, and high water pressures
- Perform other duties as assigned while waiting for optimum snowmaking weather
- Work closely with and assist other departments such as Grooming, Ski Patrol, Lift Operations.
- Test the quality of snow as it is made, reporting findings and conditions to the supervisor
- Drive snowmobiles, trucks and ATVs as necessary
Qualified candidates must have:
- High school diploma, GED or vocational training or job-related course work required
- Minimum of two years’ experience in small engine and/or snowmobile maintenance, preferred
- Valid State Driver’s License
- The ability to work in adverse weather conditions include wind, snow, ice
- Good communication skills and accurately follow instructions
- Able to safely lift 50lbs.
The positions offered are seasonal, full-time located in Big Sky, MT. Shifts are up to 12 hours, and can include night hours.
Yellowstone Club offers great benefits including free transportation from Bozeman to the Club upon hire, a complimentary meal each shift, season ski pass to local resorts, company ski days to enjoy Yellowstone Club, and a casual dresscode. Plus, you get to work at one of the most incredible places on earth. For more information about the Club, visit www.yellowstoneclub.com.