Yellowstone Club is paradise in Montana. A private residential community in Big Sky, Montana, Yellowstone Club offers its Members the world’s only private ski and golf community. With fabulous skiing and snowboarding and the most gorgeous spring and summer weather to enjoy the 18-hole golf course, rivers, hiking, biking, and more, our Members love being a part of this exceptional community. Our employees make the Yellowstone Club experience come alive. If you would love being a part of the Montana charm and providing the highest level of guest service, ensuring no detail is too small to overlook, and being a part of creating experiences, then Yellowstone Club is looking for you.
We are currently seeking Sommeliers to join our Food & Beverage department. The Sommeliers provide food, wine, and beer service to the Yellowstone Club’s Members and guests with a high focus on excellence, consistency, and the Member/guest experience.
The Sommelier position is responsible for:
- Assist in promoting Wine sales
- Maintain wine and beer inventory, updated and reconciled with physical inventory for assigned outlet
- Provide prompt, attentive and courteous service to every Member and guest in the assigned outlet
- Recommend and suggest beverages when Members or guests ask for assistance in selecting; Provide wine recommendations and selection for perfect pairing with their food order
- Ensure that drinks are served with the property furnishes and in the correct glassware
- Assist Beverage & Sommelier Manager in the ordering, receiving, inventory, organization, and selling of wine and beer
- Aid in the training program for all Restaurant staff to improve knowledge of wine tasting, wine service, proper service techniques, proper glassware selection, pour levels, storage, beverage pairings, and the ability to understand preferences
- Aid in the creation of the beverage list to be accurate, up to date and free of errors
- Aid in the promotion of all Yellowstone Club wine events
- Take and serve orders; Know the sequence of service and follow it each time when approaching a table
- Prepare tables with special attention to sanitation and presentation
- Answer questions pertaining to the Restaurant menus
- Work in collaboration with other teammates to deliver Member and guests expectations
- Perform opening and closing duties as assigned by leadership.
Qualified candidates must have:
- High school diploma, GED or vocational training or job-related course work
- Three to five years of beer, classic wine service, beverage selection knowledge and experience
- Three years minimum of floor service
- Proven course work through Society of Wine Educators, The Court of Master Sommeliers, and/or the Wine and Spirits Education Trust
- Comprehensive knowledge of world class hospitality and service management
- 21 years or older, per Montana state law
- Be able to work weekends and holidays (these are our busiest times)
- Intermediate knowledge level of Microsoft Office systems
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Excellent grooming standards
- Attention to quality and detail
- Strong communication and correspondence skills with the ability to maintain sound working relationships and communications with management, staff, members, and vendors
The position offered is a seasonal, full-time position located in Big Sky, MT. Yellowstone Club offers great benefits including free transportation from Bozeman to the Club upon hire, a complimentary meal each shift, and outdoor activities to enjoy in the summer months. Plus, you get to work at one of the most incredible places on earth. For more information about the Club, visit www.yellowstoneclub.com.