Yellowstone Club is paradise in Montana. A private residential community in Big Sky, Montana, Yellowstone Club offers its Members the world’s only private ski and golf community. With fabulous skiing and snowboarding and the most gorgeous spring and summer weather to enjoy the 18-hole golf course, rivers, hiking, biking, and more, our Members love being a part of this exceptional community. Our employees make the Yellowstone Club experience come alive. If you would love being a part of the Montana charm and providing the highest level of guest service, ensuring no detail is too small to overlook, and being a part of creating experiences, then Yellowstone Club is looking for you.
We are currently seeking an Assistant Director Food & Beverage. The Assistant Director of Food & Beverage is charged with leading and ensuring a high quality dining experience in all restaurants, lounges and bars, catered food and beverage offerings, and special events to achieve business and financial goals.
The Assistant Director of Food & Beverage is responsible for:
- Responsible for overseeing and maintaining the timing of all dining rooms for which responsible.
- Schedule staff according to volume of business; understands how to flex when necessary to meet labor expectations; ability to adjust daily operations to be in line with the budget.
- Manage all F&B and day-to-day operations within budgeted guidelines and to the highest standards;
- Understands each front of the house and back of the house job function and trains according to Club standards where necessary.
- Lead F&B team by recruiting, hiring, and training and growing exceptional F&B employees; be open to communicate with food and beverage employees and other YC departments.
- Knows, understands and can train others on operating systems such as the POS system, Jonas, Open Table and others, as required.
- Stays up to date on food and beverage trends and brings creative ideas to the department for consideration.
- Knowledge on all menu items including preparation, any allergens, and alternative preparations.
- Knowledgeable on keg and beverage replacement.
- Responsible for overseeing alcohol consumption per person.
- Understand Budget: COS, labor cost, monthly financials, flash reports.
- Supervise inventory management and cost control.
- Responsible for controlling expenses to include: labor, linen, breakage, shrinkage, beverage, equipment and supplies.
- Supervise inventories of all china, glassware, and silverware. Maintain par levels commensurate with Club needs.
- Answer the phone in the appropriate way, including directing the member/guest accordingly to meet their needs.
- 2-4 years in food & beverage management experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Business or Hospitality Management preferred
- Proficiency in software applications preferred
- Proven experience using communication and organizational skills to accomplish goals
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite of products; POS system, Other Operating systems within Food & Beverage
- TIPS certified
- Wine Training
- Court of Master Sommelier training, CWE, or equivalent training
The position offered is a full-time, year-round position located in Big Sky, MT. Yellowstone Club offers great benefits including medical, dental, vision, a 401k program with company match, a ski pass to Big Sky Resort or Bridger Bowl, free transportation from Bozeman to the Club upon hire, a complimentary meal each day, ski days each month for employees to enjoy the mountain, and outdoor activities to enjoy in the summer months. Plus, you get to work at one of the most incredible places on earth. For more information about the Club, visit www.yellowstoneclub.com.