Yellowstone Club is paradise in Montana. A private residential community in Big Sky, Montana, Yellowstone Club offers its Members the world’s only private ski and golf community. With fabulous skiing and snowboarding and the most gorgeous spring and summer weather to enjoy the 18-hole golf course, rivers, hiking, biking, and more, our Members love being a part of this exceptional community. Our employees make the Yellowstone Club experience come alive. If you would love being a part of the Montana charm and providing the highest level of guest service, ensuring no detail is too small to overlook, and being a part of creating experiences, then Yellowstone Club is looking for you.
We are currently hiring for a Horticulturist to join our Golf Course Maintenance department. The Horticulturist is responsible for overseeing and assisting in the planning, planting, maintenance and upkeep of the Yellowstone Club landscape areas and golf course grounds.
The Horticulturist position performs the following:
- Assist in managing the year round greenhouse including seed and plant material ordering, propagation of over 100 varieties of annuals, perennials, herbs, and shrubs
- Monitor and assist in irrigation, temperature regulation, humidity and lighting from dropping seed to planting
- Design and assist in arranging flowers in over 100 ceramic pots, planters, baskets and beds throughout the Yellowstone Club property
- Manage the Landscape Gardeners and Landscapers in the planting and delivery of these flower arrangements
- Perform flower maintenance including daily watering, pruning, weeding, deadheading annuals and perennials as well as replacement of damaged or poor condition plants
- Perform necessary fertilizer/chemical applications in the care of flowers and plants
- Operate vehicles in the transport of landscape tools, equipment and materials in the performance of job tasks
- Perform hand digging, lifting and physical work where needed
- Aid in the preparations for events working with the Special Events team and other departments to provide floral arrangements needed at parties, weddings, tournaments and social gatherings
- Select, order, and purchase seeds, flowers and landscaping materials
Qualified candidates must have:
- Associates’ Degree in Horticulture
- Previous greenhouse experience with in-depth knowledge of plant culture, maintenance, identification, and substantial knowledge of annual and perennial flowers
- Demonstrated knowledge of large flower arrangement
- Previous supervisory experience
- Intermediate knowledge level of Microsoft Office systems
- Ability to work in a variety of weather conditions
Preferred, but not mandatory:
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
The position offered is full-time, year-round. The position is located in Big Sky, MT. Yellowstone Club offers great benefits including medical, dental, and vision, a 401k program with company match, a season ski pass to a local resort, ski days each month for employees to enjoy the mountain, outdoor activities to enjoy in the summer months, and a casual dress code. Plus, you get to work at one of the most incredible places on earth. For more information about the Club, visit www.yellowstoneclub.com.