Yellowstone Club is paradise in Montana. A private residential community in Big Sky, Montana, Yellowstone Club offers its Members the world’s only private ski and golf community. With fabulous skiing and snowboarding and the most gorgeous spring and summer weather to enjoy the 18-hole golf course, rivers, hiking, biking, and more, our Members love being a part of this exceptional community. Our employees make the Yellowstone Club experience come alive. If you would love being a part of the Montana charm and providing the highest level of guest service, ensuring no detail is too small to overlook, and being a part of creating experiences, then Yellowstone Club is looking for you.
We are currently hiring for a Commercial Project Manager for our Development department. The Commercial Project Manager is responsible for estimating, scheduling, operating and managing projects from concept to closeout. Some of the key responsibilities of this position are to ensure that all project related work is performed safely, timely, cost effectively and in accordance with applicable plans, specifications, company policies and sound construction practices. This position reports to the Director of Village Construction.
The Commercial Project Manager position is responsible for the following:
- Manage specified construction work in accordance with engineer/architect’s plans, county/state regulations, and other specifications.
- Working with Owner and General Contractor to ensure quality, cost and schedule.
- Estimates costs of materials, labor, and use of equipment required to fulfill provisions of contracts.
- Confer with contractors to negotiate terms of contracts.
- Confer with upper management to establish production goals, develop budget and cost controls, and to obtain data regarding types, quantities, specifications, and delivery dates of products ordered.
- Monitors construction activities to verify schedules and materials.
- Working with and reporting to Director of Construction.
- Consults with engineering personnel relative to modification of plans & project scope in order to improve overall project design.
- Studies specifications and performs field inspections of construction activity to verify compliance with the contract documents.
- Orders procurement of equipment and materials to be delivered at specified times to conform to work schedules.
- Confer with supervisory personnel and subcontractors engaged in planning and executing work procedures, interpreting specifications, and coordinating various phases of construction to prevent delays.
- Confer with supervisory and engineering personnel and inspectors and contractors to resolve construction problems and improve construction methods.
- Inspects work in progress to ensure that work conforms to specifications and that construction schedules are adhered to.
- Prepare, or receives from subordinates, reports on progress, materials used and costs, and adjusts work schedules as indicated by reports.
- Verify change order requests for accuracy.
- Review submittals for compliance with the contract documents.
- Track project cost as related to the general contractor and owner budgets.
- Prepare detailed weekly and monthly reports as required
- Contribute to a positive work environment and ensure teamwork within project organization, utilizing the resources needed to drive quality and value to our clients
- Manage project closeout procedure including owner training, collection of as-builds, attic stock and warranty documents.
- Represent the Company through professionalism, consideration and discretion in all interactions.
Qualified candidates must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction or Civil Engineering; or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years of project management experience for complex commercial, vertical construction projects or large scale master planned developments
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Experience managing construction methods, materials, and regulations
- Must be well organized and a highly motivated and a self-starter
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
The position offered is a full-time, year-round position located in Big Sky, MT. Yellowstone Club offers great benefits including medical, dental, and vision, a 401k program with company match, a free ski pass, transportation stipend, free public transportation from Bozeman/Belgrade to the Club upon hire, a complimentary meal each day, employee ski days each winter month, outdoor activities to enjoy in the summer months, and a casual dress code. Plus, you get to work at one of the most incredible places on earth. For more information about the Club, visit www.yellowstoneclub.com.