We are currently hiring for Field Operations Manager. The purpose of this position is to manage construction/snowplowing efforts and road maintenance activities for the Yellowstone Club. Successful performance ensures the safe and efficient completion of construction, maintenance and snow removal activities. The position will consist of various administrative and technical duties as well as the supervision of employees.
The Field Operations Manager position is responsible for the following:
- Schedules, assigns, and monitors the work of departmental personnel involved in road and drainage system maintenance and repair.
- Schedules, assigns, and monitors the work of departmental personnel involved in wintertime snow removal activities.
- Supervises and instructs employees on work methods, procedures and standards related to their assignments.
- Interviews, hires, supervises, and evaluates the work of departmental personnel.
- Ensures that road construction and maintenance work meets specifications.
- Ensures that snow removal activities meets specifications.
- Makes on-site inspections of work in progress.
- Operates heavy equipment as needed.
- Receives phone calls and emails from the contractors, members, employees and provides information.
- Assists the mechanic with determining the causes of problems involved in machinery breakdowns.
- Develops the annual departmental operating budget; monitors expenditures under the current budget.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates will be able to have:
- Knowledge of road construction, maintenance, repair procedures and snow removal methods.
- Knowledge of the operation and maintenance of a variety of heavy equipment.
- Skill in supervision.
- Skill in reading blueprints.
- Skill in the use of such heavy equipment as a backhoe, motor grader, dump truck, and various pieces of snow removal equipment.
- Skill in verbal and written communication.
- Skill in cost tracking and budgetary forecasting.
Qualified candidates must have:
- 5+ years’ experience supervising construction or maintenance activities.
- Possess computer skills.
- Experience in construction methods, materials, and regulations.
- Must be well organized and a highly motivated and a self-starter.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
The position offered is a full-time, year-round position located in Big Sky, MT. Yellowstone Club offers great benefits including medical, dental, and vision, a 401k program with company match, a free ski pass, transportation stipend, free public transportation from Bozeman/Belgrade to the Club upon hire, a complimentary meal each day, employee ski days each winter month, outdoor activities to enjoy in the summer months, and a casual dress code. Plus, you get to work at one of the most incredible places on earth. For more information about the Club, visit www.yellowstoneclub.com.