Yellowstone Club is paradise in Montana. A private residential community in Big Sky, Montana, Yellowstone Club offers its Members the world’s only private ski and golf community. With fabulous skiing and snowboarding and the most gorgeous spring and summer weather to enjoy the 18-hole golf course, rivers, hiking, biking, and more, our Members love being a part of this exceptional community. Our employees make the Yellowstone Club experience come alive. If you would love being a part of the Montana charm and providing the highest level of guest service, ensuring no detail is too small to overlook, and being a part of creating experiences, then Yellowstone Club is looking for you.
We are currently hiring for a 2nd Chief Engineer. Yellowstone Club is adding 500,000 square feet of space this fall and is looking for another Chief Engineer to assist us in the growth and maintenance of this beautiful property.
The Chief Engineer will join the Director of Facilities, another Chief Engineer and the Maintenance Engineer team in overseeing and supporting 15,000 acres of buildings, restaurants, residential properties, pool, spa and all Club related facilities. Duties here are just a sampling of the responsibilities and are not all inclusive of the job.
• A complete understanding of all building related systems and equipment-- Electrical, HVAC, Plumbing, Life Safety, IT, Kitchens, Laundry, Pool, Residences, Buildings etc. Mechanical Engineer skills and knowledge is a plus.
• Responsible for monitoring compliance with state building codes and regulations, OSHA safety codes and adherence to Fire Department standards of safety and evacuation procedures. • Create and adhere to annual budget for department.
• Supervises maintenance operations for the Club to include but not limited to: refrigeration, heating, plumbing, water softeners and treatment, HVAC units, ice machines, swimming pool, lighting, kitchen equipment, emergency equipment/systems, roof, electrical panels, painting and repairs, residential needs, etc. • Effectively interview, supervise, train, manage performance, and assign tasks and follow-up with engineering staff to ensure maximum productivity.
• Ensures all projects are completed according to specifications and on time.
• Strong leadership skills to motivate and develop staff and to ensure accomplishment of goals. Able to set priorities, plan, organize, and delegate.
• Maintains current status of all permits (elevator, boiler, fire extinguishers, etc.)
• Ability to transfer technical expertise to property personnel; strong training skills designed to deliver results.
• Conduct walk-throughs and visually assess the safe and efficient maintenance and operation of the physical structure(s) of the Club.
• Ensure compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and all state and federal building requirements.
Qualified candidates must have:
5 – 7 years’ experience as a Chief Engineer or Assistant Chief Engineer in a large upscale hotel, hospital, resort, or commercial building, including 5 years in a management capacity. Candidates with Mechanical Engineering experience are preferred. Candidates should have had responsibilities for oversight of major areas of the facility. 5+ years’ experience in the following areas: HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, and Carpentry. Strong time management skills.
The position offered is a full-time, year-round position located in Big Sky, MT. Yellowstone Club offers great benefits including medical, dental, and vision, a 401k program with company match, a free ski pass, free transportation from Bozeman to the Club upon hire, a complimentary meal each day, ski days each month for employees to enjoy the mountain, outdoor activities to enjoy in the summer months, and a casual dress code. Plus, you get to work at one of the most incredible places on earth. For more information about the Club, visit www.yellowstoneclub.com. To apply, please visit www.yellowstoneclub.com and click on "YC Careers" at the bottom of the homepage.